Jan 28, 2013

Found Time

I began the day hoping for a snow day, then was sure we weren't going to get one, then surprised that we were called off. I like to think I use found time well, but this morning found me napping.

As I continue to work through my UFO pile, I find myself both excited about discarded projects and disgusted at myself for leaving them incomplete. My weekend was spent determining how I increased for sleeves on a Lloie's cardigan I began nearly three years ago, and pleased that the notes I left for myself actually make sense. I'd hoped to join the sleeves with the body today but indecision kept me from commitment. I've been uncertain about sleeve length, and now became worried I wasn't choosing the right length for the body.



After a quick consult with a friend on twitter, where I was told that more grey stockinette stitch would not ACTUALLY kill me, I made the body longer. Not really long ENOUGH, because I needed some color in my life.

I cast on a headband for a colleague. Nearly finished but for the edging, and I hope to do that tomorrow.

Apparently I found time to create a new UFO.

Isn't that what I've been trying to avoid?

My day ended with a productive meeting with friends from my guild. Amidst the conversations, I do think we hammered out all that we needed to as we prep to host a teacher in March.

All in all a good day, but I always feel like I should be so much more productive when I find myself with so much unscheduled free time. Tomorrow it's back to the real world.

And more grey stockinette stitch. Hopefully the headband was a good vaccine for the boredom. After all, I do have the color work yoke ahead, that should keep me focused, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'm eager to read what you have to say in response. Your comments help me feel that I'm not writing into a void. . .keep them coming!